Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement (CNHA) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. The organization seeks to enhance the well-being of Hawaii through the cultural, economic, and community development of Native Hawaiians. To advance its mission, the CNHA provides technical assistance, capacity building services, and direct service programming to Native Hawaiian individuals and communities statewide.
The Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement (CNHA) seeks an Americorps VISTA member to act as a grant writer and technical assistance provider to Native Hawaiian community-based organizations. This position supports CNHA’s Community Services Division by providing one-on-one technical assistance in researching and writing grant opportunities. This position will work with CNHA and our member organizations to identify programs that need funding. The VISTA member will not only write grants for organizations, but will provide training in good proposal development to help build organizations’ capacity to research and write grants on their own.
• 4-year degree
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office ©
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to serve for 12 months; 40 hours/week
• Attend Pre-Service Orientation and Continuing Service Trainings
• Living Stipend
• $5,550 Education Award (for post-secondary education) OR $1,500 end-of-year stipend
• Qualify for public benefits (food stamps, child care assistance, etc)
• Access to health care plan
• Paid vacation and sick leave
Applications due JUNE 23, 2011. Position start date is September 2011. To apply or for more information contact CNHA Community Development Specialist, Katie Gallagher at 808-596-8155.
Community Development Specialist
1050 Queen Street Suite 200
Honolulu, Hawaii 96814