Notice of Availability of Funding Awards Project Period: Multi-Year Award for Services from December 1, 2011 to November 30, 2012 for the first year and December 1, 2012 to November 30, 2013 for the second year
The Office of Hawaiian Affairs (hereinafter referred to as “OHA”) is soliciting proposals in the following areas:
- Economic Self Sufficiency with a focus on raising Native Hawaiian Family Income
- Education with a focus on raising education standards so that Native Hawaiian students can meet or exceed education standards and increasing post secondary graduation rates for Native Hawaiians
- Health with a focus on decreasing obesity among Native Hawaiians
Interested parties shall submit a Letter of Interest to OHA on or before 4:00 p.m. HST, Monday, June 6, 2011. Any LOI received after the deadline, but with a postmark date of June 6, 2011 or prior shall be considered timely received. The LOI should include a brief project summary indicating the services to be provided. Based on a review of the LOI submitted, OHA will invite selected applicants to submit a proposal.
Applicants that are invited to apply shall submit a sealed proposal to OHA on or before 4:00 p.m. HST, Monday, August 15, 2011 to the Office of Hawaiian Affairs, 711 Kapi‘olani Blvd, Suite 500, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813. Any proposals received after the deadline, but with a postmark date of August 15, 2011 or prior shall be considered timely received.
Proposal forms, specifications and special provisions can be obtained:
- At the OHA website at http://www.oha.org
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org ; or
- By phone at (808)594-1835.
Questions regarding clarification of any information contained in the Solicitation for Proposals document, including all attachments, must be received in writing on or before July 18, 2011. OHA reserves the right to reject any proposal.
All applicants must also attend a training workshop as a condition to submitting a project proposal. Training workshops will be held between June 20, 2011 and July 8, 2011.