HAWAII ELECTRICIANS TRAINING FUND
1935 HAU STREET, ROOM 301 ●HONOLULU, HAWAII 96819-5003 ● PHONE (808) 847-0629 ● FAX (808) 843-8818
ISLAND OF OAHU
Apprentice Opportunity for the Inside Electrical Wireperson Program for 2011
The Hawaii Electricians Joint Apprenticeship Committee (JAC) is accepting applications for the position of Inside Wireperson (Electrician) Apprentice. Applications are available only on the dates listed below.
APPLICATION DATES FOR 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications for apprenticeship as listed below. Applicants must provide the documents required at the time of application; or applicants may submit complete application including required documents for the next application date.
• Be a minimum of 18 years of age. Must provide document to verify age requirement (such as a copy of applicant’s birth certificate, State drivers license, State ID card etc.)
• Provide copy of high school diploma or GED, as well as all applicable official transcripts and records.
• Show evidence of successful completion of one full year of high school Algebra 1 or higher math and or successfully complete the National Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee (NJATC) Tech Math Course (provide official transcript).
• Pass the NJATC Aptitude Test with a minimum score established by the JAC.
Other requirements (read carefully):
• Must provide four (4) self-addressed, stamped envelopes (No. 10 size – 4 1/8 x 9 ½).
• Must pass a substance abuse test prior to indenturing.
• Must become a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 1186 when you become an indentured apprentice.
• Term of apprenticeship program shall be on the island of Oahu.
WHERE: Hawaii Electricians Training Office, 1935 Hau Street, Honolulu, HI
Applicants must appear in person between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to complete the application packet and submit all the required documents; or applicants may submit complete application including required documents for the next application date.
APPLICATION BY MAIL: You may request an application packet sent to you (for off-island applicants). Send a written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope (No. 10 Size: 4 1/8” x 9 ½”) with postage stamp of $0.61 to:
Hawaii Electricians JAC
1935 Hau Street, Rm. 301
Honolulu, HI 96819.
Requested packets will be sent out the day applications are available (see above). Mail-out applications with required documents must be returned to our office via U.S. postal service. It will be date stamped and held for processing for the next scheduled application date.
The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or age—except the applicant must be at least 18 years of age to apply and be indentured.
Any questions, please contact the Hawaii Electricians JAC at 808-847-0629.
Click here to view Notice: http://hawaii.gov/labor/wdd/PDF/IBEW%20Notice%20of%20Recruitment.pdf